13 March 2008

Technology

One of the many ongoing issues that I have been trying to resolve is the usage of a webcam while overseas. If you haven't tried to mess with a Skype-sanctioned webcam that also works with Mac OS 10.3.9, then you'll probably have a few more added moments of joy in your life. Seriously. It has been a time drain and I can't say that all the techno-babble excites me either.

Previously, I had deduced that not many webcams work with my operating system, so I won a bid on eBay (my first auction won! finally!) for MAC OS Tiger. Tiger was ordered, paid for, and shipped. And never arrived. Hrmph.

Last night, Grandizer Chris in his Mac, um, not hating, but opposing ways, sat down and tried to figure out the intricacies of why our webcams were not working well together. I won't bore you with the details, but when Skype finally recognized my webcam, both of us leapt for joy. I took a photo of us together from my Rocketfish cam. This will go in our "red" period.



We tried out the webcam last night - he from his apartment and me from mine. It worked! And as for Mac OS Tiger, if I get it great, if I don't, I'll know why - I never needed it in the first place (and I can get my money back). These are the moments when I say to myself, God is in the details.

In other news, I am "official." Mercy Ships has finally added me to their system and I can receive donations ... hold your breath... online! Waaa! I'm in the 21st century. Awesome. My donation link is to the right, in the sidebar. And thank you to all who have donated. I am totally awed by your generosity and I thank you for making it happen!

1 comment:

Vivek said...

I have a couple extra packaged copies of Tiger if you still need one.