I can't seem to pass through the ward without another person asking me how to knit. And since there's only one of me and so many finite hours in a day, I thought I'd train up a few new knitters from our crew.
Jane from Ireland showed up as did Laura from Idaho. Hawa, mother of ten year old patient, Kossie, also came up and sat with us. She really enjoys knitting and is glad to have something to keep her busy. She's going to be here for sometime while Kossie's legs heal. He had major surgery for very clubbed feet. She will be here for 3 months total.
In knitting, first there is doubt. Then there is success, if only in the completion of one stitch. But thankfully, no matter what, there is always fellowship:
The vesicovaginal fistula patients (more affectionately dubbed VVF ladies) are coming on August 4! I look forward to training up some more knitters for these women who have long overdue affection that I hope they will experience here on the ship.
No comments:
Post a Comment